Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Friendship

I simply cannot contain my excitement any longer. "Sex in the City", was the BOMB! Inimitable. I hereby proclaim it the BEST movie of the year. OH MY GOD. I loved it!
Someone please tell me I am such a loser for not following the series. (It's a figure of speech, you don't REALLY have to tell me that.)

THIS is reason enough to fall in love. *silently, i am thanking God for my amazing boyfriend* who will stare daggers if he knew i was here ranting and raving about fairy tales and happy endings because he thinks such movies are a distortion of reality because then he needs to live up to my 'surreal' (only to him) expectations since he says such flicks are what gives me all these funny ideas. Nevertheless, who is a dream come true, and does anyway.

i digress.

Now, those who have friends like Carrie, a beau like Mr. Big, and a career to die for, you've got it MADE. Check. Check. Check?. (After much deliberation, I'm thinking the last one deserves a tick since it qualifies as a-career-to-die-for, just not one I would kill for though, but hey who's complaining.)
While on the topic of friendship... well here's my two cents worth.
After the movie, I met durga as part of our every day ritual and in the process of my post movie review we started talking about well, friends.
It seems almost natural, like some sort of an intrinsic mechanism, how we do away with 'fair-weathered' friends as we narrow and cut our way down to those that REALLY matter. Through the years, I've had my shares of acquaintances, those I call 'best friends' and those i regard as buddies. Of course, occasionally you make an enemy or two and sometimes out of those you considered true. But life's lessons are never easy.
I've come to realize that true friends aren't always the ones you've known the longest or those you keep in touch with or date on a regular basis.
The truest are those at a distance, a call away despite the odd hours, the listening ear, the one who does not judge, who NEVER has an ill word behind your back, who never boasts of ANY good deed done in the course of your friendship, who doesn't disappear without a trace after a 'phase', who reserves the right and authority to scream in your face in wrongdoing.

In stating so, I take pride in being able to count such friends with all of my fingers.







5 comments:

shO said...

update update!

Anonymous said...

okay okay. goodness this girl ah is like my alarm clock!

Anonymous said...

jesus christ.. ur like the biggest hypocrite ever la.. u talkin bout values of friendship is like the biggest joke of the century..

Anonymous said...

yeah and i'm sure you know me very well. haven't we all stopped chiildish games of tagging one another. then bugger off unless you're still 12. otherwise ignorance is bliss.

Anonymous said...

and aren't u a pro at tat.. guess it's true that the insanity runs in the family eh kam? heh.